As wellbeing and quality of life deteriorate, there may come a time in pet ownership when you will be faced with difficult decisions, such as pet euthanasia.
If you feel your pet's quality of life has declined, Basin Run Animal Hospital's compassionate team of veterinarians and support staff are prepared to help and support you. We'll make sure that you are fully informed about all possible treatment options before you make a choice.
While companion animal euthanasia is never an easy choice, once your decision is made we will prepare you for what is to come and be with you every step of the way. You'll find comfort knowing that our methods will ensure your pet is serenely and peacefully laid to rest.
End of Life Options
We offer a comfort room for pet parents who need to say goodbye and thank you to their beloved pets. This room is separated from the hustle and bustle of the main part of our hospital and offers seclusion and comfort. Our comfort room has its own private entrance and exit away from the front lobby.
Because some families would prefer the comfort of their home to our hospital, we also offer house call quality of life and euthanasia appointments. Days and hours vary by doctor.
Tips for Coping with the Loss of a Pet
- Allow yourself to grieve and cry
- Talk about your feelings with friends, family, or our sympathetic hospital staff
- Maintain your normal daily routine
- Memorialize your lost pet by planting a tree or creating a small photo album filled with happy memories
- The Rainbow Bridge is an online pet memorial and grief support community for those who have lost their furry, feathered, and scaled family members